[Tweeters] Moscow Northern Hawk Owl

Keith Carlson kec201814 at cableone.net
Wed Dec 4 13:47:29 PST 2013

Thanks to the alert by Terry Gray and others on InlandNW-birder, Rick Welle, Larry Pulley and I were able to travel form Lewiston this AM and immediately find the Owl.
We were there from 0845-1015.
Perhaps 12-15 other people braved the 8 degree weather to view this bird while we were there.
We were able to see it hunt twice, getting a mouse/vole both times. After eating half of the second catch, it appeared to cache the remainder in the Apple Tree just North of the jogging path.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/11211538685/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/11211537995/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/11211538665/in/photostream/

What a wonderful bird. Drop everything and see this rare delight .

Keith E. Carlson
Lewiston