[Tweeters] Fall Sightings

Brad Waggoner wagtail at sounddsl.com
Sun Dec 1 21:38:44 PST 2013

Hello All,

Yesterday was the last day of the Fall reporting period (August 1 -
November 30) and time for me to request your bird sightings from the
period. Given predicted cold this coming week, it seems like an
appropriate shift to the winter period. Ryan Merrill
(FieldNotes at wos.org) compiles records for WOS Field Notes and I keep
tabs of unusual bird sightings for North American Birds. To be clear, an
"Unusual Sighting" could be any of the following:

1) rare species (either a state rarity or a bird rare in a particular
locality, e.g. Willet at Belfair)
2) early, late, or out-of-season dates for migrants and seasonal
residents (e.g Warbling Vireo in November at Vancouver Lake)
3) high-number counts for any species ( 8 Palm Warblers at Waatch Valley
near Neah Bay)

To keep reporting as simple as possible, you can send reports via e-mail
to either of us, since we routinely share the reports. Please include
the species seen, number recorded, place recorded, and any other
interesting information. We will make sure the reports end up in the
right venue. Please send reports by December 15th.

We obviously monitor Tweeters, and we are able to monitor sightings from
folks using eBird. The hope here is to snare a few things, including end
dates of sightings, etc., that might not show through these outlets.

Thanks and good birding,

Brad Waggoner
Bainbridge Island
mailto:wagtail at sounddsl.com