[Tweeters] Woodland Prairie Falcon

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 18:05:16 PST 2013

Hi Tweeters,

The highlight of a a couple hours this afternoon (12/1/13) at the Woodland
Bottoms was a PRAIRIE FALCON just south of the flushing channel along Dike
road. It was on a power pole and flew out over a farm field as I arrived,
but resumed its original perch at roadside in a few minutes. While less
than annual in Cowlitz County, there are numerous records all of which had
eluded my eyes. Not only was it a new personal county bird, but it set a
best year total in Cowlitz.

There also was an EARED GREBE on the Cowlitz side of the Lewis River near
the mouth. After being a very difficult species in the county there was a
plethora of reports late last winter into spring and now a couple sightings
this season.

Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, WA