[Tweeters] Battle Ground Night Flight

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 20:21:09 PDT 2013

Hi Tweeters,

It was another busy several pre dawn hours of audible urps and blurps as
Swainson's Thrushes migrated overhead. As in the past, the highest
frequency of calls was between roughly 5:00-5:45 when I heard about 80-125
calls per minute which translates into ~27-42 birds per minute. To keep me
company during this time were one calling Barn Owl and my local Western
Screech Owls making miscellaneous barking sounds and ping pong ball calls.

Daylight did not give a hint of the number of nocturnal migrants as I heard
hardly any thrushes anywhere. My second Yellow-rumped Warbler of the
"Fall" was the only notable.

Several shooting stars made me wonder if there was anything of celestial
significance going on early this morning?

Keep your eyes and ears skyward

Jim
--
Jim Danzenbaker