[Tweeters] Smith's Longspur YES!!!

Opororniswarbler opororniswarbler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 09:27:37 PDT 2013

Third day lucky!

Arrived at 6:30 am. Had the bird fly over me at 7am calling. It flew to the other side of the channel and I couldn't relocate it.

I was then joined by a fellow birder Rolan, and we had the bird calling as it flew above us. We saw the bird land one one of the logs in the very long grassy area. It then flew to the very short grass / mud area where it's been described before. By far he best way of finding the bird is listening for the flight call.

Conditions are foggy but dry and not too windy.

Currently still being seen at 9:25.

Awesome bird!

Neil Hayward
Cambridge, MA