[Tweeters] re: many sightings of Great Egrets

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Thu Aug 29 15:04:58 PDT 2013

When the post from Chris Warlow popped up on my e-mail I was on the phone
with a woman who has lived on the bay here in Ocean Shores for 8 years. In
all that time she has not seen a Great Egret, and right now she is looking
at four of them.

Another 24 year resident contacted me about four he had on his dock on Duck
Lake; he is a wildlife photographer, and he too had not previously seen
them in Ocean Shores.

I saw one out on the Oyhut Wildlife Area last Sunday while observing the
Smith's Longspur.

There were at least four in Tokeland the day I was there to see the Elegant
Terns at the marina.

It would seem they are enjoying our mild weather.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores