[Tweeters] Semipalmated Sandpiper? at Fill

Elizabeth Edgerton lizedge at mac.com
Mon Aug 26 23:45:37 PDT 2013

Sunday afternoon Bob and I were treated to a very close-range viewing of a Sandpiper on the western mudflats of the Main Pond. It came closer and closer as we stood there, until it was about 5' away. From my ibird app it seemed to me to be most closely described as a Semipalmated Sandpiper. It's bill was stouter and shorter than the Western. It looked like one of the juvenile pictures, with the whitish swatch over the eyes. Anyone else see this bird and have any input?

Thanks,
Elizabeth Edgerton
lizedge at mac.com
Sent from my iPad