[Tweeters] OH What a Beautiful Morning...

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Mon Aug 26 08:03:12 PDT 2013

What a great birding area we are blessed to live
in. An Eastern Wood Pewee yesterday singing away
near Lind Coulee. Reading the Tweeters updates
from yesterday, Scripps Murrelet and Great
Shearwater offshore, possible Long Billed Murrelet
in my own Edmonds, Buff Breasted Sandpiper and
Smith's Longspur at the Coast, Ptarmigans in the
Mountains...Elegant Terns, Hudsonian Godwits...so
many great birds in great places...where to go and
what to do next.

Well instead of all that... I have been very happy
just sitting with a cup of tea watching the yard
and feeders on a very good morning... the third
Black Headed Grosbeak that first showed up
yesterday returned AND then there was a fourth all
out together munching away and whistling their
distinctive calls, two Bewick's Wrens perching and
singing (again), myriad house finches and Juncoes
that have been common companions for the past two
weeks, a first ever for the Yard Rufous
Hummingbird, just a quick cameo appearance and
then gone, what is his story? The Spotted Towhee
on Feeder 2 with one of the Grosbeaks, what a
beautiful pair!! Song Sparrows, the unmatched
blue of the Steller's Jay, the rattle of the
Flicker and the distant wuk-wuk of a Pileated.

I may chase one of the coastal gems tomorrow but
right now, just sitting here ...Oh What a
Beautiful Morning...

--
Blair Bernson
Edmo