[Tweeters] Edmonds Marsh Semipalmated Plovers 8-25-13

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 25 23:14:13 PDT 2013

Sunday around 5:30pm I saw five semipalmated plovers at the Edmonds marsh together with about an equal number of small mystery sandpipers.   The semipalmated plover is a lifer for me, but I did not know what I had seen until I returned home and looked at my photos on the computer.   The plovers were so small and far away that I thought they were just more sandpipers.

I think the mystery sandpipers were westerns, but it is hard to tell.  Anyone who wants to take a shot at identifying the sandpipers can view my photos here.  Please let everyone know what you think they are.

http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?7934-Wildlife-of-Edmonds-WA/page33

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA