[Tweeters] Black-throated sparrows, Adams Co, WA

Bob Flores rflores_2 at msn.com
Fri Aug 23 16:58:07 PDT 2013

Working off a tip from refuge staff and Randy Hill i went looking for a black-throated sparrow on Columbia NWR. There is a parking lot used by fisherman on McManamon Rd it is about 1/4 mile from the Morgan Lake intersection. From there it is quite the walk along Deadman Lake toward Coyote Lake. I found two singing birds that were separated by less than 1/4 mile. Both birds were located along the west side of the lakes along the steep hill side. I know this is not great directions there are roads that will get you into the area that are open to walking only.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

Sent from my iPad