[Tweeters] Bear seen while birding in Redmond

Hank Karen karenhank at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 16:48:46 PDT 2013

Today Karen and I were birding in Watershed Preserve in Redmond when we saw a bear swim across a pond.  Here are 3 videos.

Playing with a log:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/9570917751/

Entering our field of view...first we heard splashes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/9573842502/

Exiting the pond:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/9573539410/

The pond is on the right as you enter the preserve from Novelty Hill Road.  We were on an observation platform accessed from a trail from the parking lot.  The bear exited the pond in an area that we had intended to bird.  We decided to bird elsewhere.

Hank Heiberg
Lake Joy
Carnation, WA
karenhankatyahoodotcom