[Tweeters] Outstanding WOS 8/19 Chase Trip

Ann Marie Wood annmariewood at comcast.net
Tue Aug 20 10:55:09 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets:

Kudos to our two amazing leaders for a successful and fun-filled day!

We remained focused, despite many temptations en route, and headed directly for our target bird, the Elegant Tern at Tokeland. After recent reports we anticipated dozens and were discouraged to find none when we first arrived. The good news is we only had to wait a short time.

Between 10 and 11am seven ELTEs returned and provided extended views while perched and in flight. After photographing and celebrating, it was a life-bird for three of us, we headed for the Hudsonian at Bottle Beach and another lifer for two in our enthusiastic group.

I lost track of the number of life, state, and/or county birds seen by the end of the day but it was fantastic! Altogether we ended up with 80 species. Can't wait to chase the next rarity with Penny and Amy!

Cheers,
Ann Marie Wood
Mountlake Terrace,WA
annmariewood at comcast.net