[Tweeters] Stanwood - Eide Rd. This Afternoon

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:33:47 PDT 2013

High tide was at approximately 5:30 p.m. today. I got to Eide Road at 4 p.m. and stayed until high tide. Initially numbers were small but all of the species were in place: Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Pectoral Sandpipers, Western Sandpipers, and Killdeer. Most of the action was on the north and middle ponds. The only numbers that grew were the Westerns. Two became several hundred. They were quiet enough that I could check carefully for other peeps among them. None. There were three Pecs, three Lesser Yellowlegs, five Greater Yellowlegs, and one Killdeer. Lots of Barn and Violet-green Swallows were in the air and one harrier was on the hunt.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, Wa