[Tweeters] Fall Migration commencement or??? (Shorebirds)

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Mon Aug 19 10:49:33 PDT 2013

Hi Tweeters -

With all the wonderful posts of shorebirds in the area, can I ask a very naive question?

Is this the start of return fall migration or just the lingerings at the end of the spring migration?

We're headed to Long Beach and West Port mid-Sept - looking forward to Bottle Beach area (have never been) and returning to Tokeland to see the Godwits - where that was
quite amazing seeing them in past years, roosting on a dock right in front of us.

Any direction to other points in the area (I do have Birder's Guide to WA and Dennis Paulson's Shorebird Book) would be most welcome.

Thank you Tweeters all - for all the amazing posts. It's great sometimes just to bird vicariously.

Caryn / Wedgwood