[Tweeters] Franklin's Gull continues at Stanwood STP

Doug Schurman doug at bodyresults.com
Sat Aug 17 21:55:58 PDT 2013

I took at trip up to Stanwood to go to the Eide Rd ponds. I thought I might
as well check out the STP to see if the Franklin's was still around. I
pulled up and Dave Slager already had it lined up in the scope. The
Franklin's was way out and back lit. Very poor photos were taken. Dave
thought potentially he saw a second but with the distance he couldn't see
two at the same time to confirm.

Eide Rd ponds had a bunch of Western Sandpipers. A group of about 300 were
there. In the closest pond to the parking area there were 25 or so
Yellowlegs. Mostly Lesser with a few Greater. There were also 20 or so
Dowitchers. They looked to be all Long-billed. One Pectoral SP was around
along with a few Least Sandpipers. Could not find any other species of
shorebirds there.

Doug Schurman

NE Seattle