[Tweeters] Any field guide suggestions for Europe?

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 13:54:37 PDT 2013

the collins guide rocks.

the "black" 2010 version is the one on my shelves (and in my pocket)/

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Ed Swan <edswan at centurytel.net> wrote:

> I have a Collins Pocket Guide to the Birds of Britain and Europe from

> around 1998. I guess I’m spoiled by all of the choices for North America,

> especially the Sibley versions. I just used the Collins on a trip in

> Italy, Paris and London and found the maps particularly woeful and the lack

> of examples for each bird for different types of plumages not very helpful

> for several species. ****

> ** **

> Is there a later version that’s better or another guide that anyone would

> recommend? I’ll be in Ukraine in mid-September and would like to use a

> more comprehensive guide there.****

> Ed****

> ** **

> Ed Swan****

> ** **

> Guide****

> *Birding Vashon Island and Beyond*

> 206.463.7976****

> mailto:edswan at centurytel.net <edswan at centurytel.net>****

> ** **

> ** **

> ** **

GrrlScientist
Devorah Bennu, PhD
birdologist at gmail.com
http://gplus.to/grrlscientist
http://www.grrlscientist.net/
http://twitter.com/GrrlScientist
http://www.theguardian.com/science/grrlscientist<http://www.guardian.co.uk/grrlscientist>
http://www.scilogs.com/maniraptora/
The most valuable service you can perform is to think independently