[Tweeters] Any field guide suggestions for Europe?

Ed Swan edswan at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 16 09:00:58 PDT 2013

I have a Collins Pocket Guide to the Birds of Britain and Europe from around
1998. I guess I'm spoiled by all of the choices for North America,
especially the Sibley versions. I just used the Collins on a trip in Italy,
Paris and London and found the maps particularly woeful and the lack of
examples for each bird for different types of plumages not very helpful for
several species.

Is there a later version that's better or another guide that anyone would
recommend? I'll be in Ukraine in mid-September and would like to use a more
comprehensive guide there.

Ed

Ed Swan

Guide