[Tweeters] Skagit Co FRANKLIN'S GULL

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:57:52 PDT 2013

Tweeters:

I'm late reporting but this has been a wild week. Last Monday, August 12, there
was a juv. FRANKLIN'S GULL between Washington Park (near Anacortes) and the
south end of Cypress I. We were trying our luck on humpies, headed north in the
Boston Whaler, when a tight flock of about 50 gulls became visible a little over
half-way to Cypress. Thinking this event might indicate a herring ball, we trolled
right through the spot. On the edge of this group, the FRANKLIN's was seen on the
water from about 30' away.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com