[Tweeters] Lark Sparrow Eastsound - Orcas Island

bill shelmerdine georn1 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 06:28:26 PDT 2013

Good Morning Tweeters,

Yesterday I found a worn adult Lark Sparrow at the small community park and wetland in "downtown" Eastsound on Orcas Island in San Juan County. It was in the service berry and black berry patches at the NW edge of the park/wetland. It then flew to the bare dirt and short dry grass area and fed out in the open within about 30 feet of me. This was between 0650 and 0700 yesterday morning. Spotty wireless service prevented and earlier posting. Descrpition and bird list has been entered on ebird.

Cheers and good birding,

Bill Shelmerdine

georn1 at hotmail.com