[Tweeters] Eide Road Shorebird Show Continues

Michael Fleming michaelfleming01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:23:35 PDT 2013

After reading Blair's post yesterday I decided to head on up to the
Eide Road ponds (yet again). I can't seem to get enough of these
shorebirds this year. I ran into Joan Bird (Byrd), Mitch, and Tice;
ending up birding with all three of them for a while. Birding was fun
and a little challenging as everytime a NORTHERN HARRIER or falcon
would cruise by the shorebirds would fly around and reposition
themselves. I did notice that the ponds had more water in them than
the last time I was there a little over a week ago. Some of the birds
seen included:

Long-billed Dowitcher - 34
Western Sandpiper - 200~
Least Sandpiper - 2
Pectoral Sandpiper - 3
Baird's Sandpiper - 2
Lesser Yellowlegs
Greater Yellowlegs
Purple Martin - Yeah, I had to stop by English Boom to see the nesting martins

Cheers and Good Birding;

Michael Fleming
Ballard, Washington
michaelfleming01 AT gmail.com