[Tweeters] Recent transitional seabirds near West Seattle

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Wed Aug 14 12:43:09 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

Although birdlife has seemed pretty muted these days, it's been interesting to encounter a couple of species, transitional between young and adult, that I don't commonly see around Lincoln Park.

At Seahurst Park in Burien on 8/6/13, we encountered what I believe is a juvenile Bonaparte's Gull. Then on 8/7/13, I saw an immature Pigeon Guillemot at Jack Block Park. Photos are at www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh.

(Also on Aug 6, we saw a Common Tern hunting by Lincoln Park, but it wasn't juvenile as far as I could tell.)

Good birding,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Lincoln Park, West Seattle
Natural history website: naturalpresence.wordpress.com
Flickr page: flickr.com/photos/trileigh

P.S. - Recently I've asked a couple of non-bird natural-history questions to Tweeters, and folks have been generous in replying with helpful information. But since Tweeters is supposed to focus on birds, does anyone know of a similar local natural-history listserv that I could join for these types of questions? Thanks.