[Tweeters] More on Baird's Sandpipers at Eide Road - Tuesday Morning

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Tue Aug 13 19:49:31 PDT 2013

Steve Pink and I visited Eide Road this morning
around 10:00 a.m. There were at least 4 Baird's
Sandpipers on the middle pond. We also had two at
the first pond earlier which may have been the
same at the middle pond. Also present were at
least 2 Greater Yellowlegs, 12+ Lesser Yellowlegs,
2 or more Semipalmated Sandpipers, 5+ Least
Sandpipers and 100+ Westerns and a few Killdeer.
Raptors were a Merlin, 2 Harriers, a Coopers Hawk
and 1 Red Tail. Lots of swallows and Savannah
Sparrows. The mud/water at Eide Road is really
good and I hope it gets checked frequently.

Earlier we visited English Boom on Camano Island
(a really beautiful spot) and had 30+ noisy Purple
Martins, some Least Sandpipers, a Spotted
Sandpiper and 2 adult Bald Eagles in addition to
distant Great Blue Herons.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103072475474183849815/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/103072475474183849815/albums/5911800258192586433

--
Blair Bernson