[Tweeters] Baird's Sandpipers on third pond on Eide Road

Barbara B. Mandula barbaramandula at comcast.net
Tue Aug 13 10:12:21 PDT 2013

We visited Eide Road for the first time Sunday, mid-afternoon. The driver
of a car coming from the ponds told us where to look for Baird's sandpipers.
Following her directions, we soon located three or four of the sandpipers,
and got good views through our telescope. We also noticed a small flock of
long-billed dowitchers, with a possible short-billed mixed in. As we were
preparing to leave, the Olivers drove up and confirmed the Baird's sandpiper
ID.

Barbara Mandula

Seattle

barbaramandula at alumni.brandeis.edu