[Tweeters] RFI: Seattle and Surrounding Area Target Birds

Joe and Renee Fischer fischer13 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 12 18:44:06 PDT 2013

Tweeters, I am lucky enough to have a business trip to the Seattle Area next Monday and Tuesday and will be flying in this Thursday evening for a long weekend of birding.  With a little luck of a cancellation this week, I'll be on the boat out of Grays Harbor on Saturday.  If not, I have a full three days of birding in the region and would like some recommendations for those birds I need for my life list.  I have been reading the listserv for about two weeks and looking at eBird.  Basis that, I have put down the best data I have thus far, but would appreciate any suggestions.  There is a few more lifers I need beyond this list, but either the location is pretty obvious or it depends on that boat ride.

Mountain Quail - looks like a long shot, but perhaps there is a reliable spot (Port Orchard Airport area, NE Tahuya Blacksmith Rd)
WT Ptarmigan - Paradise - Golden Gate Trail
Sooty Grouse - Hurricane Ridge
Elegant Tern - Ocean Shores
Band-tailed Pigeon - Discovery Park, Nisqually NWR, Marymoor Park, Auburn Black Diamond Rd.
Spotted Owl
Northern Saw-whet Owl
Black Swift - Marymoor Park
Pacific-slope Flycatcher - Discovery Park
Hermit Warbler
Evening Grosbeck - Discovery Park, Paradise

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Joe Fischer
www.joefischerphotography.com