[Tweeters] Scrub Jays or Corvid Wolves?

seasprocket at gmail.com seasprocket at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 10:01:28 PDT 2013

Rob, thanks for this amazing writeup! A few years ago, I watched a crow as
it spent ~20min wearing down a good-sized rat that it had managed to catch
in the middle of a road. Every time the rat tried to flee out of the road,
the crow deftly (and very carefully) grabbed it by the tail and dragged it
back into the middle of the road. Eventually, the rat became exhausted and
the crow killed it. Several others then came and joined in the meal. It was
incredible to watch.

You are onto something with your corvid/wolf analogy!

Learn Bird Songs, Support Conservation: http://www.larkwire.com
Bikewise: http://www.bikewise.org