[Tweeters] Black-backed woodpecker

aceros at mindspring.com aceros at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 6 06:24:35 PDT 2013

FYI: saw a male Black-backed woodpecker along the Eightmile lake trail, southeast of Leavenworth. The trail goes thru the recent burn (September 2012) and gives one a good look at the power of fire and the power of revegetation. Should be good for woodpeckers over the next few years.....

Eric
Seattle

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. .... And that is an encouraging thought.