[Tweeters] an encounter between a Coopers hawk and a hummingbird

ck park travelgirl.fics at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:06:27 PDT 2013

a few years back, was intrigued at juanita bay park to watch a rufous
hummingbird take on, in quick succession, a red-winged blackbird and a
great blue heron.

both opponents found it easier to move elsewhere than to stick around and
be hounded mercilessly...

fwiw, my memorial neurons want to say this occurred early-to-mid august, so
also outside nesting... my guess is they have the same biting
ego/personality genes as a tiny canine rugrat, sans bark...

00 caren
http://www.ParkGallery.org
george davis creek, north fork