[Tweeters] Has anybody ever heard of this - in the co-world of birders to birders it is okay to take any birders picture

don at picturebookpublishing.com don at picturebookpublishing.com
Sun Aug 4 23:58:02 PDT 2013

I want to thank everyone that replied. I did make a strong statement about birders, but I do know that it is really just a few that feel they can do whatever they please. What had irritated me the most was that he did not feel he needed to apologize for what he had done and this "co-world" was his reasoning. An incredibly arrogant attitude. There will always be a few that gives a any group of people a bad name. This person reads the Tweeters posts and I really wanted him to hear it from the honest birders in this group.

This person had asked me where to find this bird and I told him it was at Nash's farm on Towne Rd., expecting him to go look for it and get his own picture. I did not tell him he could use my picture, he just felt he had the right to. The bird was the Australian Crested Pigeon, something rather rare out here. I have since found out it was most likely from a guy that had released some of the collection of birds he had, about a mile away.

Don Wallace
Sequim, WA

Learn through observation, not by capturing the defenseless