[Tweeters] Savannah Sparrow late breeding

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Sun Aug 4 19:31:04 PDT 2013

I was at Washington Pass (5400'), Chelan County, this morning and noted a Savannah Sparrow that was clearly feeding young. I wouldn't have expected this species there, but there is a big open meadow west of the pass that is obviously acceptable habitat. A bird was very agitated at our presence, chipping constantly, and then we saw it carrying food. Seems late to me, but the habitat doesn't open up until relatively late.

Dennis
-----
Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.