[Tweeters] Edmonds Roundup

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 23:12:09 PDT 2013

We have had a few interesting fall migration sightings in the last
couple of weeks. Mid-July brought Semipalmated Sandpipers to the
Edmonds marsh on two dates. Last week a Mew Gull was seen among the
other expected species at the Shell Creek outlet north of the ferry
dock. July 29th brought a Long-billed Dowitcher, two Semipalmated
Plovers, and a minimum of three Least Sandpipers to the marsh. That
same morning we finally added Green Heron to the year count when one
flew over the south side of the marsh. This morning (August 3rd) two
Baird's Sandpipers in the marsh were also year birds. They were not
around at mid-day but re-appeared this evening along with some Western
Sandpipers. The Baird's Sandpipers may be worth looking for Sunday
morning by anyone who is in the area. I would not recommend a special
trip since they have already been here one full day. We are up to 157
species for the year.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, WA