[Tweeters] Garfield County BC Night-Heron

MaryFrances Mathis mf.mathis at comcast.net
Sat Aug 3 18:52:59 PDT 2013

Tweets...

This afternoon, Phyllis Moss and I found two juvenile BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERONS at Central Ferry in Garfield County. They were on a small grassy island off SR-127, heading north, before the Port of Garfield.

In the morning, we birded Mountain Road, out of Pomeroy, and managed to find a few a few good birds in this time of the doldrums: family groups of Gray Jays, several Williamson's Sapsuckers, seemingly a bumper crop of both Chipping Sparrows and Mountain Bluebirds, Olive-sided Flycatcher, and other usual mountain birds.

A very nice day.

MaryFrances Mathis
Kirkland
mf.mathis at comcast.net