[Tweeters] Band-tailed Pigeon, Seattle/Bryant

dalonso dalonso at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 2 10:54:23 PDT 2013

I had a Band-tailed Pigeon at my home (near 35th Ave NE and 55th St) this morning: white neck band with iridescence below, yellow bill base and black bill tip. It seemed huge! It was 3' away on the kitchen skylight and then on the neighbor's roof, and the indoor cats and I were very excited. I don't know how unusual they are, but it's the first I've seen in Washington. I still haven't seen a Eurasian Collard-Dove here.

Darwin