[Tweeters] Summer Bird Reports

Brad Waggoner wagtail at sounddsl.com
Thu Aug 1 19:45:42 PDT 2013

Hello fellow tweets,

Yesterday marked the last day of the summer nesting season, at least
when it comes to rare bird reporting. Thus, it is time for me to request
summer bird reports (June & July). Ryan Merrill (FieldNotes at wos.org)
compiles records for WOS Field Notes and I keep tabs of unusual bird
sightings for North American Birds. To be clear, an "Unusual Sighting"
could be any of the following:

1) rare species (either a state rarity or a bird rare in a particular
locality, (e.g. Rock Wren at jetty in Westport)
2) early, late, or out-of-season dates for migrants and seasonal
residents (e.g. an adult Buff-breasted Sandpiper in July)
3) high-number counts for any species

To keep reporting as simple as possible, you can send reports via e-mail
to either Ryan or me, since we routinely share the reports. Please
include the species seen, number recorded, place recorded, and any other
interesting information. We will make sure the reports end up in the
right venue. Please send reports by August 15.

And for those of you submitting your sightings on eBird - we do happily
track and receive those reports.

Thanks and good birding,

Brad Waggoner
Bainbridge Island