[Tweeters] Off-topic, mostly: Seattle wasp species that build paper nests

Christine Southwick clsouth at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 1 12:41:25 PDT 2013

There are yellow jackets who build aerial nests. Much to my surprise, since I had always thought that they built underground, I found this out this year while trying to paint a carport. The exterminator who came and destroyed the start of the nest, told me that this year was really bad for the aerial ones.

Christine Southwick
N Seattle/Shoreline
clsouthwick at q.com