[Tweeters] Columbia Gorge Birding

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Thu Aug 1 12:29:20 PDT 2013

Yesterday morning we had a mixed flock of migrants move through our property in Skamania County, at the west end of the Columbia River Gorge. In the fog we could identify 1 DUSKY FLYCATCHER, 1 WARBLING VIREO, 5 BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLERS, and 3 WILSON'S WARBLERS. Thinking that this might be a good day to check for shorebirds, which are a tough group to find in Skamania County, Susan and I birded our way up into Klickitat County without even being able to find a Killdeer. We did have better luck at the Lyle-Balch Cemetery in Klickitat County, where we found 2 ACORN WOODPECKERS, 3 ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHERS, 2 WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, 8 WESTERN BLUEBIRDS and 6 LESSER GOLDFINCHES. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA