[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2013-08-01

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Aug 1 12:11:25 PDT 2013

Tweets – it was cool and cloudy dark and breezy, and there were hardly any birds (neither species nor individuals), but there were signs that post-breeding movements are beginning. So we didn’t have much, but we did have some species of note.

Highlights:

Canada Goose At least 80 this week
Pied-billed Grebe Juvenile(s?) in slough – first since early May
GREEN HERON Juvenile along slough – first of the year!
Osprey Have fledged; at least 4 at lake
Virginia Rail Heard on far side of slough
E. Collared-Dove 1 near Compost Piles – first non-spring sighting
Pac.-slope Flycatcher 1 singing south of East Meadow
Tree Swallow Nesting in 2 boxes? 2nd clutches.

Beaver Two in slough

We had lots of misses today, including Downy Woodpecker, Steller’s Jay, Cliff Swallow, Wilson’s Warbler, Red-winged Blackbird, and Brown-headed Cowbird.

We managed just 50 species. Adding Green Heron brings our year list up to 143.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com