[Tweeters] More Auburn shorebirds

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 19:31:08 PDT 2013

Hey Tweets, As Pete passed along, there was a Semipalmated Plover at M Street this afternoon. I didn't have as much time today to look through all of the shorebirds, but there were many more than yesterday: 285th off of West Valley Highway: 30 Least Sandpipers, 2 Killdeer, and a Greater YellowlegsM Street: First field - 40 unidentified peeps, Second field (main field with large flooded area) 150 peeps - more Western this time, maybe 20, and a lot of Leasts. This is where the plover was, along with a handful of Killdeer and at least a dozen American Pipits. I did not make it up to the third field before I had to blow out of there, but as I went north on 167, I saw a couple birders inspecting that one as well (north end of M). Best shorebirds of the day, however, were a pair of Killdeer working hard to hatch four speckled eggs at their nest on the edge of the track behind Kent Phoenix Academy - fun one to share with the students! Happy Birding! Tim BrennanRenton