[Tweeters] Discovery Park West Point Light House

Steve Krival stevekrival at live.com
Sun Apr 28 14:39:27 PDT 2013

On the drive over to Discovery Park a Peregrine flew over the north end of
the Ballard bridge. Among the morning sightings were 6 (!) Marbled
Murrelets. All appeared to be breeding adults. There were two different
groups of paired birds and two others that were on their own. Does anyone
know where these fellas might be nesting? This is a species first for me,
but more experienced birders on-site confirmed the ID. Remarkably the first
bird flew into the middle of my scope's field of view as I was setting up.
If only all birds were so cooperative! Other thrilling sightings: Common
Murre (1), Osprey (1), Horned Grebe (breeding-several), flock of 40 or so
Brant's Geese, one of which had a black and white back on its right leg. The
black appeared to be thick horizontal bars.