[Tweeters] Norman Road/Eide Road

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Thu Apr 25 17:53:17 PDT 2013

Enjoying the sunshine I journeyed to Eide Road
this morning planning to stop on Norman Road up or
back following a lead from Jon Houghton, a
classmate in the Master Birder Class this year who
had a Solitary Sandpiper there yesterday. Eide
Road was pretty quiet - LOTS of Green Winged Teal,
a late Rough Legged Hawk and a single shorebird -
a Long Billed Dowitcher. Norman Road was much
better. In a pond just west of the intersection
with Olson (Oleson?) road and very near the road
were all three tringids...Solitary Sandpiper,
Greater Yellowlegs and 2 Lesser Yellowlegs plus
several Western Sandpipers. Further east at a
farm at 2305 Norman Road I am quite sure I heard
(several times) a Yellow Headed Blackbird. Could
not find it as it was behind the house where I had
no access.

Other birds seen along the way: a couple of
Harriers, several Bald Eagles, two Red Tailed
Hawks, American Wigeon, Mallards, Shovelers, Least
Sandpiper, Rufous Hummingbird, a Hermit Thrush
singing, Killdeer, Flicker, and the expected
blackbirds, swallows, sparrows etc.

--
Blair Bernson
Edmonds