[Tweeters] Baby Killdeer

Joan Miller jemskink at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 18:29:57 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Today is the second day in a row that I've walked by an amazing sight: a pair of Killdeer and their 4 babies, right on a rather busy corner! I was alerted to the family by the parents' calls as I walked home, along 35th Ave SW in West Seattle. At the northeast corner of Graham & 35th SW, there is a low spot where water has collected, beneath the big High Point sign. Two adult Killdeer can be seen with their four little ones, ever so cute. The parents do a good job of chasing off the starlings too! It does my heart good to see them adapting and surviving in our urban world.

Joan Miller
West Seattle
jemskink at yahoo dot com