[Tweeters] Black-necked Stilts in Washington Harbor, Sequim, Clallam County 04/23/2013

Vincent Lucas vincentlucas5 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 16:27:51 PDT 2013

Thanks for a heads-up from Michael Barry who originally found these birds,
I was able to refind them as well as photograph them along with Michael
this morning. The two Black-necked Stilts (Clallam County Code 5) were at
Washington Harbor near the Battelle Marine Science Lab in Sequim. Here are
some links to photos of the Black-necked Stilts. I'm sure Michael has some
better ones, but these will suffice to document the bird.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/8676858546/

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/8675755517/

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/8675755731/

On nearby Port Townsend Rd. near the intersection with Schmuck Rd., there
was a nice puddle club of bathing Cliff Swallows. Go here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/8676862874/

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/8675758803/

Lastly, I also photographed a nice Northern Rough-winged Swallow in the
vicinity of Washington Harbor:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/8676863472/

Good birding!

Vince