[Tweeters] VERY EARLY GRAY CATBIRD

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Tue Apr 23 13:28:43 PDT 2013

Hello all,
On our Benningon Lake walk this morning a Gray Catbird was seen well - the earliest ever in WWCo. Our average arrival date is May 12 and our earliest previous record was April 29.
Our first-of-year Calliope Hummingbirds were also seen - but NO House Wren or any other summer birds except swallows and Osprey. A Townsend's Solitaire was eating bugs and singing. Only ONE Yellow-rumped Warbler was seen.
Four Horned Grebes in breeding plumage were out in the middle of the lake along with 6 Buffleheads.
A Chipping Sparrow was reported yesterday - but we couldn't find any today. Very quiet much of the walk with goldfinches being the most common bird.
Later, MerryLynn