[Tweeters] Discovery Park this afternoon; Hybrid Sparrow?

Jordan Gunn uwjag21 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 18:37:46 PDT 2013

There was a some good activity at Discovery Park today, including a couple
bright male Nashville Warblers, a Pacific-slope Flycatcher, and a Hermit
Thrush. One NAWA was at UT pond, the other in the area NE of the S parking
lot. I also saw the sparrow in this picture that looked like possibly a
hybrid Golden-crowned/White-crowned Sparrow:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgunn/8669584613/in/photostream. It was
associating with the pictured Golden-crowned. If anybody with knowledge of
hybrid sparrows has any input about the species or species combo of this
bird it would be welcome. I have seen another sparrow at the park very
similar to this in the past, but with an even whiter supercilium.

--
Jordan Gunn
Seattle, WA