[Tweeters] Marymoor 18 April 2013

B&PBell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Thu Apr 18 16:30:08 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets

Marymoor today was dark and cloudy early, did lighten up later, but no rain. Michael was absent on the east coast, so Matt & I substituted. None of this kept the birds from singing - lots and lots of singing today, particularly early. Matt did have Barn Owl early, first time since March 14th. We also had a high flying Short-eared Owl at about 8 AM over in the direction of the East Meadow, and at the same time a high flying (and then perched) American Kestrel. It was a good day with 66 species for the day, but nothing new for the year.

Barn Owl
Short-eared Owl
American Kestrel
Osprey
Western Meadowlark
California Quail (singing from within the Great Blue Heron enclosure, probably the most unusual quail sighting in the park
Violet-green Swallows - at least 50
Hairy Woodpecker from 10 feet

Brian H. Bell
Woodinville, WA