[Tweeters] Sapsuckers Yes - Yellow-bellied...NO

johntubbs at comcast.net johntubbs at comcast.net
Tue Apr 16 20:08:31 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

Mirroring Louise's morning experience (which I hadn't read about before leaving for Darrington) my experience was the same for the period of 2:15 to 4:15 this afternoon.  (Presumably) the same three Red-breasted Sapsuckers were doing a number on the main well tree, and out and about in the immediate neighborhood the whole time I was there.  Unfortunately, no YB Sapsucker to be seen.  Perhaps the locals have told the out-of-place visitor to head out of town...?  I may try again tomorrow if the weather is decent - it was a gorgeous afternoon to be watching the marsh.  Partly cloudy, mid 50's, skunk cabbage in bloom - and, fortuitously, no mosquitos out yet.  Nothing unusual for other species - a male Rufous Hummingbird, a pair of Wood Ducks, at least six Steller's Jays, Northern Flicker, Hairy Woodpecker (heard), Pileated Woodpecker (heard), Song Sparrows, Red-tailed Hawk and a few robins.

John Tubbs
Snoqualmie, WA
johntubbs at comcast.net