[Tweeters] Bellevue Say's Phoebe - yes

Hank Karen karenhank at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 18:42:06 PDT 2013

Thank you to Lynn Anne for posting about the Say's Phoebe at Mercer Slough in Bellevue.  Someone was using a weed whacker where she had seen the phoebe.  We found it further north, but still in the blueberry bushes.  The following link gives a map of the trails in the slough.  Take the northern segment of the yellow trail leading away from the Winter's House.  On the map this segment is marked with a 0.5.  We found the phoebe on the east side of the trail where that trail first contacts the slough.

http://www.bellevuewa.gov/pdf/Parks/mercer_slough_base_map.pdf

Here are two photos and a short video.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/8656974468/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/8655869075/