[Tweeters] Bird ID Help - Bewick's Wren?

Brew brewshome at comcast.net
Tue Apr 16 12:33:16 PDT 2013

Hello Tweeters:

I live in a large apartment complex in the North End of Tacoma and in the
building next to mine there is nest building activity in a dryer vent by
birds that appear to me to be Bewick's Wrens. The reason that I'm asking
for help is that the dark portions of the bird are much darker than Sibley's
or any picture that I can find on the Internet. The tail size and it's
flicking, along with the white eyebrow and other markings are all in the
proper place - except for the significant dark, almost black, contrast.

Can this be explained by local variations.

Thank you,

Jim Brewster

brewshome at comcast.net

Tacoma