[Tweeters] Darrington YB sapsucker - not this morning

Louise Rutter louise.rutter at eelpi.gotdns.org
Tue Apr 16 12:21:07 PDT 2013

Still on Florida time, and wide awake at 5.30am, it seemed like a good
opportunity for me to go sapsucker-seeking and beat the traffic up I-5. Two
others had the same idea, arriving early to see if the yellow-bellied
sapsucker would repeat the pattern of the last 2 days and show up around
8-9am. Sadly, she foiled us - no visitations to the site between 7.30am and
10.20am when I had to leave. At one point we had 3 red-breasted sapsuckers
on the middle well tree at the same time, so the sap is obviously still
there!

It was a beautiful morning to be out, though, if somewhat chilly.

Louise Rutter

Kirkland