[Tweeters] Say's Phoebe in Mercer Slough

Lynn Anne hoopoegal at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 10:23:51 PDT 2013

Tweets - first time I've seen one here, but came across a distinctive
Say's Phoebe in Mercer Slough Nature Park yesterday afternoon (had a bit of trouble with my account getting a timely post up). Could easily
see the dark coloration and chestnut belly with unmistakeable
tail-bobbing action. There's a shed with mason bee hives set up on the
far side of the Winter's House trail loop (just a bit north of the boat dock). The phoebe was flitting
around in the first 20' or so of blueberry bushes on the trail side
between the shed and the next irrigation ditch to the south. Watched the bird for about 20 minutes, and that was starting just after 2:00pm.
Just out for a walk so unfortunately no camera to take pictures, but it
landed on the fence railing about 15' from me at one point. Great bird,
great views and a ton of fun to watch that tail pump.

-Lynn AnneBellevue, WA
hoopoegal at yahoo dot com