[Tweeters] More Columbia Gorge Birding

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Mon Apr 15 20:58:21 PDT 2013

Susan and I also wandered up the Gorge in search of sunshine and birds. We found little sunshine but quite a bit of rain and hail. In Skamania County, there were 13 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE at Doetsch Pond at Beacon Rock State Park. No luck on the Arctic Tern, but we did see both the GLAUCOUS GULL and GREATER YELLOWLEGS below Bonneville Dam. Our best Klickitat County birds were 4 LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS north of Balch Pond, and 2 SWAINSON'S HAWKS on Dalles Mountain Road. Most enjoyable sighting was of a flock of
WILD TURKEYS crossing the road just moments after a truck full of turkey hunters drove past. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA